Saturday, January 16, 2010

I have been wanting to make another wild thing but HAD to wait until after Christmas.  I have this whiteboard with all these ideas for new patterns.  There's lots of ideas that never quite make it into the yarn.  When I decide to actually create a doll, I make a sketch and kind of map it out how I think I will make it.  I jot down how many stitches in a row, how many rows will repeat, what color yarns I'm going to use, etc.  I've had Douglas in that stage for a...ahem...very long time.
I finally got around to actually making him and I love him!  I tried a few shortcuts for his head feathers.  They all looked terrible.  I tore up lots of yarn trying to make a quick fix and have it look accurate, but I finally bit the bullet and crocheted each one individually in keeping with the character in the book, and I'm glad I did!  I took pictures this evening and it was already getting dark outside.  I like to use natural light only so most of the pictures didn't turn out to be usable.  When I do get all the pictures I want tomorrow, the pattern for Douglas will be in my etsy shop!
 Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...