Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Famous Amigurumi Time!

If someone asks me to create a custom amigurumi of someone they know? Yes!  Fun!  When it's someone famous that is recognizable to most people? Sweet!  When I get a picture of said person with the amigurumi I made for them? Amazing!!  Such is the case of making this Jimmy Kimmel doll.  When I was approached by a family member to make lil' Jimmy for his birthday gift, I was more than happy to do it!  I knew Jimmy loved Lost (as do I, of course!!) so I wanted to throw in a little element of that.  And he needed something to hold.  The doll needed a doll.  So baby Guillermo was born.  Here's my photos of lil' Jimmy...




And look what happened when he got him for his birthday!
Awesome, right??  Jimmy's pattern will be in my shop later today, if you want to make one for yourself!
Just in time to celebrate National Unfriend Day!
Watch for Guillermo coming soon as a free pattern here!  Dharma jumpsuit? That was special just for Jimmy!

8 comments:

  1. You are awesome, Allison.

    I'm going to work on Kai-Lan for Christmas, will let you know how it goes! Oh, and my kiddos are still waiting for the Backyardigans... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! Your amis are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allison, I'm Cristina and I'm writing from Italy. Your blog and your Amigurumi are fantastic.
    I'm very happy to meet you in internet.
    Hug
    CriCri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your blog!!! So much that I tagged your site on my fb group site today! Its called You Don't Have to be a Grandma to Cross Stitch, Crochet or Knit. I started it when so many people teased me for acting like a grandma. Its a fun group, not overwhelming with posts. You're welcome to join or even just check us out. Thanks for such a fun blog!!

    Mitzi :)
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/You-Dont-Have-to-be-a-Grandma-to-Cross-Stitch-Crochet-or-Knit/110387482312022

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mitzi -- fantastic!
    Thank you all--it is fun to see someone with one of my creations :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...