Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lavender Lament

This is the most random thing I have ever blogged about. That's a warning. It doesn't really have anything to do with crocheting, but I feel it needs to be discussed.

If you know me, you might know that I shop at Bath and Body Works. A lot. You might also know that I have a lot of candles. A lot. I don't want to go into that, but just understand that I know what I'm talking about when I say I found a good one.

I present to you, Lavender Caramel.




Bath and Body Works produced this candle as a test scent. It was only available in "test stores" across the country.

You might recognize the little sister to Lavender Caramel, Lavender Macaroon. (Um, check out all those reviews!)


Let's not get sidetracked on the inaccuracy of the name. The picture shows French macarons, something totally different from the sticky sweet coconut macaroons we all are familiar with. Anyway, the Lavender Macaroon mini candle was released as a part of the Paris Amour fragrance launch (which I LOVE). This was as big as Lavender Macaroon got. At 3 for $5, I tried it. It is amazing. There are comments all over the internet that it smells like a McGriddle, StoveTop stuffing, etc. but I think it's great. It's not too sweet, like pancakes (I'm talking to YOU, Pumpkin Caramel Latte!) and it's not too cologne-y, like Mountain Leaves. It's a really nice soft caramel scent with lavender. Just like the name implies.

The candle seems to be very popular. Google either name and you'll find message board posts and reviews begging the company to widely produce it. For some reason, Bath and Body Works has announced that it will not be sent to stores nationwide and will be discontinued after the supply is gone from the test stores.

This is my plea to Bath and Body Works! Please, for the love of all sophisticated candle fans out here, make this candle available to the rest of the nation!

Now for a tie in, here's some cute amigurumi posing with my un-lit Lavender Caramel candle. (No it isn't for sale, but if you know of anyone else selling theirs, please forward me their information.)

Kirby is sucking up the Lavender Caramel!

Pee-wee found a new friend!

Beets, Bears, Battlestar Galactica, and Bath and Body Works.

Max is WILD about this candle!

Oompa Loompa Doopety Do. I've got another candle for you.

Ms. Pac-man, that's not a ghost!


I promise my next post will be back on track. :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey, your blog, your choice of content, right? It's okay if it isn't crochet-related once in a while. :0) And I *hate* when companies discontinue a cool product. IKEA got rid of my favorite cookies... WHY?! I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pssst.... The Crafty Police know where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle! Yes, I know. Ikea cookies, huh? Maybe you could find some on ebay? hahaha
    River! Yikes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheap oakley sunglasses, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap oakley lifestyle sunglasses, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your article and I find it very informative. Some kind of news is given in this article. Now its time to avail vinyl car wraps near me for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you concerned about confidentiality and privacy in history dissertation help? I prioritize your security and ensure that all your personal information and work remain strictly confidential. (mydissertations.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...