Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm Sew Nerdy!

You know I have this thing for Pee-wee, right? Pee-wee's Big Adventure, Pee-wee's Playhouse, Pee-wee on Broadway, Pee-wee toys, whatever, anything Pee-wee related and I'm all over it. And I'm not alone! For Christmas a couple of years ago, my husband bought a brand new unopened Pee-wee's Playhouse Playset, along with a set of all the figures to go with it. My three little boys love Pee-wee, so it was an excuse to own something we'd both always wanted! It's well-loved.

This.


When Bear and Bird Gallery invited me to be in their show, Sew Nerdy, I knew I was going in a Pee-wee direction. Last year I was in their Stitch Wars Strikes Back show and made a huge Salacious Crumb. I loved that thing. This year I went big again, and made a life-size working Clocky! His clock functions (with one AA battery) and those numbers signify a very important person's birthday! Yes, Pee-wee's alter ego Paul Reubens will turn the big 6-0 this year.

Life-size working Clocky!

To go along with Clocky, I made a Pee-wee, a Miss Yvonne, and a tiny Pterri. Pee-wee and Miss Yvonne have magnets in their arms so they can hold hands. I just hope I made Miss Yvonne's hair big enough to make her proud! Hopefully patterns will be coming for these two real soon. Make sure you're a fan on Facebook to keep up.


Miss Yvonne, Pterri, and Pee-wee

Friends Forever

Pterri the Pterodactyl Amigurumi


The Sew Nerdy show will be from June 30th through August 11th in Lauderhill, Florida. All of the pieces will be for sale at the gallery and online.


9 comments:

  1. I <3 <3 <3 <3 the clock, will there be a pattern for it as well?

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Yes, eventually I'll try to write it out, mainly because I want one for our house too! It would be pretty involved with all the shaping and all, so hopefully I'll get around to it one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, as always, you are killing me with the awesome. Making the numbers match Paul's birthday is an insanely cool touch, and that Miss Yvonne hair is absolutely perfect. Man, it is SO time for a Penny Cartoon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, thank you, Diane!! Glad you like :) Hello, my name is Penny! Love...

      Delete
  4. I have been looking for someone to make me a pee wee and chairy. Would you be willing to crochet me a set? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The help I received in help writing law dissertation was invaluable. The guidance and support from the experts significantly enhanced the quality of my work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very hard-working. You sew all these creatures very neatly and are perfect for kids room decoration. I am soon starting my blogging page and you are my motivation. I make handmade jewellery. I make funky beaded jewellery, and usually I get all beads and stones from American Bead Corp Coupons. It is always good to work and earn from your passion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...