Friday, September 25, 2009

Baby Mushroom!

So in my shop I've had sooooo many people ask for completed toys. I think people search for toys and find my etsy shop, don't know how to crochet, and it goes from there. I've been making lots of toys and have gotten a lot faster at it. I used to really push those deadlines, not having time to work on them and waiting til the last minute. Now every recent toy I've made has shipped early. Hey if you're wanting a completed doll, lemme know---I'm on a roll! ;)

Oh and it has helped that someone requested a complete set of Yo Gabba Gabba dolls in natural materials. I really like using wool over acrylic---such a huge difference the way it crochets...!


Well it was my intention to keep posting these little free patterns, but you know how it is....life....anyway, here's the next one! It's a little mushroom, tiny and sweet. He works up in no time, so you could make a bunch for gifts, maybe even for trick or treaters if you were feeling generous! I glued the spots on but you can sew 'em on if you'd like. He's kind of Super Mario - ish except my 8-year-old informed me the smile does not belong. :) You could make one in green and enjoy an easy 1-up anytime you like! Enjoy!



Materials:Red worsted weight yarn
Tan worsted weight yarn
Black safety eyes (6mm)
Black embroidery floss
(E-I) Hook (larger hook will make Baby bigger)
Yarn needle
Polyester stuffing
White felt
Craft glue

Key:ch: chain
sc: single crochet
st: stitch
sc2tog: single crochet 2 st together (decrease)
BLO: crochet only into the back loops (furthest away from you)
FLO: crochet only into the front loops (closest to you)

Baby Mushroom:
Starting at top of mushroom and with red yarn, make an adjustable ring, ch 1, and sc 6 into the ring. Pull closed.
R1: Work 2sc into each st (12)
R2: (2sc into next st, sc into next st)* repeat to end of round (18)
R3: (2sc into next st, sc into next 2 st)* repeat to end of round (24)
R4: sc2tog all the way around (12)
At the last stitch of R4, change to tan yarn by making the last stitch and instead of yarning over with the red yarn for the last step of making the stitch, yarn over with the new tan yarn.
R5: sc into the FLO of each st (12)
R6-7: sc into each st (12)
Mark your place with a stitch marker and insert the safety eyes into Baby Mushroom's face. The back snaps on inside the mushroom. It will be a tight fit! Stuff the mushroom as tightly as possible to make him nice and squishy.
R8: sc2tog all the way around (6)
Fasten off by slip stitching into the next stitch. Leave a long tail and using a yarn needle, weave this tail through the last round of stitches. Pull it tight and the hole will close. Hide the end inside the mushroom.
Glue three white felt circles onto Baby Mushroom's head using craft glue.
*If desired, you could tie a loop of yarn at the top and hide the ends inside Baby Mushroom to make a hanger for a necklace, keychain, ornament, etc.

20 comments:

  1. Very cute! Also reminds me that I am due for a free pattern on my blog. I better get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Allison! I found your blog from your Coco post on Craftster. I posted a Blog Spotlight about you on my blog: http://gegecrochet.blogspot.com/2010/03/blog-spotlight-crafty-is-cool.html

    I especially love the Power-Up mushroom! Post some pics of your FO on here! You do great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me think of the Mario brothers :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya I do it very cute for my keychain,Thanks a lot for the free pattern!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for an excellent weblog!! I discovered some useful information and will suggest your blog for all my buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that is one of the so much important information for me. And i am satisfied reading your article. However want to observation on few basic issues, The web site style is perfect, the articles is in reality nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is most definitely one of those spam replies. It doesn't mention anything about the cuteness of this baby mushroom.

      Delete
  7. You're amazing! Thank you so much!! I credited you and showed off my little guy (I sewed eyes on instead) here:

    http://adventuresincrocheting.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/i-cant-get-the-theme-song-out-of-my-head/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO cute! I am thinking of making it in thread though can you give measurements on it so I can try to make it just as big only in thread? Thanks so much! I hope to make it and put it on my key chain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe that is one of the so much important information for me. And i am satisfied reading your article.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, this is so sweet. I love your free patterns, they are wonderful. I am planning to make a bunch of the little mushroom houses to compliment my little people, I shared your link on facebook. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents. I LOVE the book, Amigurumi Me, and am enjoying the prospect of crocheting my family and friends =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The posts that I’ve been waiting for from fro to seek social bookmarking and met in this blog,

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT BLOG, I HAVE UNDERSTAND REALLY MUCH BECAUSE YOU JUST WRITTEN EXTREMELY FANTASTIC BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO READ MORE ABOUT THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having read this I thought it was really informative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou for all your efforts that you have put in this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks For sharing such valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...