Monday, February 13, 2012

Magic Screen for Pee-wee's Playhouse

Magic Screen Amigurumi from Pee-wee's Playhouse
Last year when I made Pee-wee and Chairry, and eventually Jambi, I drew a sketch in my notebook of a Magic Screen amigurumi. It didn't seem doable at the time. I didn't know how I would do the legs and everything I thought of seemed really cheesy looking (and the entire screen could not be held up by pipe cleaners!) so I kind of abandoned the idea. (I love that story!)
More digging around at the craft store revealed several non-conventional items that I could use to make Magic Screen, so the project was a go. I made her last night and I couldn't be happier!

Magic Screen with interchangeable screen

More photos after the jump!


My original big idea was to have her act as sort of a picture frame, where I could change out what was on her "screen". I wanted to be able to put pictures, patterned holographic paper, or little messages inside. It worked out brilliantly! Little Magic Screen could even play "connect the dots" if I could find a clear enough image for her! (And there is an awesome picture of Pee-wee and Magic Screen's cousin Magic Johnson that I'm going to have to print out...)


When you try out the pattern (which is now in my Ravelry and Craftsy shops) you'll probably like how there is not too much to crochet. It goes really fast! The rest of it is getting creative with craft supplies, so what's not to love?
This Magic Screen is on its way to Pee-wee himself! Au revoir Magic Screen!

12 comments:

  1. Oh this is just the cutest. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!!! Must make one of these. In fact, I need to get around to making Pee-Wee, Chairry and Jambi. :S Amazing work as always, Allison :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I love your Pee-wee models so much, and this one is stellar. I love that holographic paper! I also love you for knowing that Magic Screen's cousin is Magic Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ipad cover/concept waiting to happen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as
    though you relied on the video to make your point.

    You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste
    your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when
    you could be giving us something informative to read?
    Feel free to surf my web blog : free iphone 5

    ReplyDelete
  6. The PDF achieved by students in the test is shown in the BSEH 11th Important Question Paper 2023. Students can instantly access information by submitting their Register Number and Subjects. From the official site, you can get the Haryana Board 11th Important Question Paper 2023. HBSE 11th Important Question Paper 2023 The Haryana Secondary Education Board had held the 11th test from. As a result, the board would create PDF for the upcoming exam based on the merit and previous exam PDF cut-offs. For additional details, read the entire article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...