Thursday, May 1, 2014

My Wes Anderson Obsession




Ever since I saw Rushmore for the first time, I was hooked. I watched it several times and found funny things I didn't see the time before. Wes Anderson's quirky humor and direction made that one of my all time favorite movies.
Later I saw The Royal Tenenbaums. LOVE. I think I may like it even more than Rushmore. I go back and forth. It had everything Rushmore had plus an Elliott Smith song, Owen Wilson, and Mr. Pagoda for Rushmore's Mr. Littlejeans. (RIP Kumar Pallana)
Moonrise Kingdom and everything before and after are just visual masterpieces, with characters that are unique and complex and funny.
Today is Wes Anderson's birthday so I wanted to share some Wes Anderson amigurumi I've done. Thanks to Jason Schwartzman (Max Fischer) and Jared Gilman (Sam) for the pictures!

* The Richie Tenenbaum doll is part of a project that I can't fully post yet, but I promise, you'll see the whole thing very soon!

* Would you like to see patterns for these dolls? Let me know in the comments below!

Max Fischer amigurumi -- Rushmore

Max Fischer and Herman Blume amigurumi -- Rushmore

Jason Schwartzman liked them :)

Herman Blume amigurumi -- Rushmore

Max Fischer amigurumi -- Rushmore

Richie Tenenbaum amigurumi -- The Royal Tenenbaums

Sam and Suzy amigurumi -- Moonrise Kingdom

Sam amgurumi -- Moonrise Kingdom

Suzy -- Moonrise Kingdom

Jared Gilman, Sam -- Moonrise Kingdom

5 comments :

  1. These are perfect! You have absolutely warmed my Wes Anderson loving heart this morning. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly, Girl - you NAILED them. That Herman Blume just kills me. So happy you got to give those to Jason Schwartzman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wes Anderson movies too! Those amigurumis are perfect!! Love them all. I'd like a lot to see patterns for these dolls!! If you could share them it'd be great :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great! Any chance the Moonrise Kingdom patterns might become available?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look awesome! :) Are you going to make more characters and maybe The Grand Budapest Hotel too? Yes please make the patterns of them available! :D

    ReplyDelete